Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
 Any One Else Think 132 Feet is TOO SHORT??? >

Any One Else Think 132 Feet is TOO SHORT???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Any One Else Think 132 Feet is TOO SHORT???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any One Else Think 132 Feet is TOO SHORT???

Im just wondering ive always felt 132 feet was to short, with all the avalible gears, engines, motors on the market really pushing out more power than ever before shouldnt the 132 foot rule be set longer so there could be a gain in speed at the end of the strip??? any else feels this way??

im not trying to make a huge change but im just wondering what others think
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any One Else Think 132 Feet is TOO SHORT???

Nope. My Pro-Mod car weighs in at 2.8 lbs and with that Picco P3 ported, this car has the capability to run mid 80's in the 132' distance. There's a guy at our local drag track that uses a .32 Axial that is wicked and in his Extreme Pro-Mod car, he has been a 1.45@93 MPH in 132'. Now if you are talking about a street car, then yes maybe you got a problem then. Are you building a prupose built drag car now?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Nope. My Pro-Mod car weighs in at 2.8 lbs and with that Picco P3 ported, this car has the capability to run mid 80's in the 132' distance. There's a guy at our local drag track that uses a .32 Axial that is wicked and in his Extreme Pro-Mod car, he has been a 1.45@93 MPH in 132'. Now if you are talking about a street car, then yes maybe you got a problem then. Are you building a prupose built drag car now?

No still no interest in building a tru drag racer since the closed RC drag strip is about 40 miles aways and it isnt always a SURE THING its more like a few guys that own the TREE and all the hardware and take it out every few sundays on a smooth abandon street

ive just always thought 132 feet to be so short, i know people are geting those speeds in the small space but image the speed capable with just another 40 feet or so?!?!? the fastest guy local here is running 117 MPH in 132 brushless set up, (no one localy is useing nitro) and i know there is a guy in texas that pulled tripple digits not to long ago with a top fueler

brent you do you think ull get a video up??? i have you on my youtube account im just waiting for a video of ur car!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:13 PM

well if you aren't interested in a full on drag race car, then yes 132 is too short because most touring cars converted to drag race or top speed runs are 4+lbs taking weight off so acceleration rate decreases with more weight.

Keep in mind the 132' length is 1/10th scale version of 1320' for real drag racing so that is why 132' won't change in the drag racing series of nitro/electric cars.

I will have some vids hopefully soon. I have 2 new highly modded Picco P3 engines, 1 Kangaroo .21 engine, 1 GO .21 engine, 1 Xenon R .21 engine and 1 359 Novarossi to test, test and test. In Pro-Mod, you can only run up to a .21 in "Pro-Mod" but in "Extreme Pro-Mod", you can run all the way up to a .32 so I am testing all of the engine with hopefully 10+ runs on each one to see what is working best along with different gear selections too.

Keep me posted on your projects too mang.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Sometimes you can't find a really large area to race on but you can usually find a parking lot that has 132 feet of smooth surface to run on.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 AM

We run our Quarter Scale cars on 132' track. They are 35 pounds, run 2.7 & 2.8 second range and avrage 45 to 54 MPH.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...otoutFinal.flv

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...08Race5055.flv

Old 09-07-2024, 11:23 AM

Default Question

This is not really about your question but I see your located in Miami. Do you know where people are drag racing RC’s? Got a little build going on which I want to test out.